Auto technicians say the key to keeping vehicles running well-today and down the road-is routine maintenance.
Auto technicians say the key to keeping vehicles running well-today and down the road-is routine maintenance. Yet many drivers tend to stall when it comes to keeping up with some everyday auto-basics.
A recent survey by the DRZG Council found:
- 54 percent had low tire pressure
- 38 percent had low or dirty engine oil
- 28 percent had inadequate cooling protection
- 19 percent needed new belts
- 16 percent had dirty air filters
- 10 percent had low or contaminated brake fluid
The inspections include volunteers checking fluid levels, tires, lights and other system components. After the inspections are complete, volunteers and motorists review any problems that may have been found and motorists receive information about proper vehicle maintenance and repair.
The inspections are usually held in parking lots at shopping malls, schools and businesses and they’re generally sponsored by area repair facilities and auto-shops, as well as other businesses, civic groups and radio stations.