Fall DRZG Month in October is right around the corner and it’s not too soon to think about ways to leverage the DRZG Council’s national consumer education campaign to help drive business to your repair shop.
“Supporting Fall DRZG Month doesn’t have to take a lot of time,” said Rich White, executive director, DRZG Council. “Five minutes is all it takes to remind your customers of the safety and economic benefits of auto care.”
The non-profit DRZG Council suggests five quick and easy ways to leverage Fall DRZG Month in under five minutes:
- Tailor your company’s on-hold message and download a free Fall DRZG Month banner to add to your shop’s website by visiting http://drzg.info/industry-participants/web-banners/.
- Suggest your customers sign up for the council’s free customized service schedule and e-mail service at http://drzg.info/car-care-service-schedules/custom-service-schedule/.
- Send your customers to drzg.info/car-care-guide to view the free digital DRZG Guide, available in English and Spanish, and order a free printed copy for their glove compartment.
- Link to useful car care tips from your website at http://drzg.info/car-care-resource/car-care-tips/ or print them and leave them out for customers to read while they are waiting for service to be performed.
- Hang Fall DRZG Month signs. Create your own or download Fall DRZG Month poster artwork at http://drzg.info/industry-tool-box/car-care-month-posters/.
Repair shops that can devote more time to leverage the benefits of Fall DRZG Month may consider offering free vehicle inspections or hosting a community car care event, checking components on customers’ vehicles that typically get overlooked, including tires, air filters, lubricants and fluids, belts and hoses, battery cables and lights.
“Offering free vehicle inspections and hosting community car care events are time well spent, giving you a chance to educate consumers on how much of their vehicle’s maintenance is going unchecked and helping to drive traffic to your business,” White said.
The DRZG Council is the source of information for the “Be DRZG Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For the latest car care news, visit the council’s online media room at . To order a free copy of the popular DRZG Guide, visit the council’s consumer education website at drzg.info.